Scheme Name :
Refractionist may also be called as Ophthalmic assistant / ophthalmic technician
Can assist the Ophthalmologist by doing preliminary examination (i.e. History taking, visualacuity testing), Refraction and accurate dispensing of Spectacles.
Job Role :
- Prepare & interpret spectacle prescriptions independently
- Able to read & interpret visual field reports
- Do accurate lens measurement for glasses
- Perform refraction
- Recognizing the guidelines and protocols relevant to the field and practice
- Comply with an effective infection control strategy that ensures the safety of the patient
- Independent organization of eye camps and screening programs
Required Competency :
- 12th Science passed.
- Relevant training or experience.
- Physical capabilities such as Vision & Hearing is must.
- Ability to communicate information verbally, through demonstration or in writing.
- Ability to read and write, analyze and understand.
- 12th science Pass
- Minimum Age 17yrs
- All Documents should be clear
- Role of an Refractionist document need to submitted
- Course duration should be completed
Code of Conduct :
- Exercise your professional judgment and use your professional skills to the best of your ability
- Respect and protect confidential information.
- Should not prescribe and use ANY type of medication or perform any surgical or invasive procedure.
- Shall not diagnose & counsel to client, about any ophthalmic or medical condition but only regarding Optical corrections and refractive Errors.
- In case of Malpractice or change in capabilities with regards of scope of this certificate, immediately inform to the certifying body without delay.
- In Exam follow the rule. No miss behavior in exam hall.
Documents will be verified by IIPS :
- Exam Application Form
- Two passport size photographs
- Last Qualification Documents
- Aadhar Card
- Experience Letter (If Applicable)
Documents to be submitted before certificatio :
1.Role of an Refractionist (Certified person agreement)
For initial certification all competency should be meet.
- Written Papers of 140 Marks
2.Final Assessment :
- Written Paper of 60 Marks
- Practical (Viva) Exam of 800 Marks
IIPS will send the internal / continuing assessment paper directly to the candidate, Candidate has to submit this assessment back to IIPS for marking and to complete initial assessment.
Passing Criteria :
The passing Criteria for theory is 50% & for the practical exam it is 75%.
- It will be conducted whenever student absent or fail.
- After 15 days the exam will be re-schedule and if student pass then will send certification.
- The certificate provided has a validity if 5 years from the date issue. Then every candidate shall undergo refortification every 5 year.
- If organisation / client / government or NSDC change the scope of the certification, job role or Subject is added or reduced (vice versa) in this scheme or program or the program structure, then IIPS can make the necessary changes in the assessment.
Procedure of recertification for candidate:
- Candidate must apply for recertification within six month of validity date of his/her certificate.
- Candidate shall fill the online/ offline application form for recertification
- Following documents are to attached along with form:
- Copy of existing certificate to be renewed.
- Self-declaration with signature declaring that one has attended at least 3 exhibitions/ seminars/training programmers related to his/her area of primary work.
- Payment of Rs. 2500/- to be made online to IIPS account and attach proof of payment.
- Once all the formalities mentioned above are completed, candidate will receive date and time of skill/practical exam, where he has to demonstrate any one of his skill within the scope of certification as asked by examiner.
- On completing the process successfully, candidate will be recommended for recertification
- IIPS certification decision body will take the decision on re-certification within 30 working days from completion of exams.
- Candidate will receive new certificate with renewed validity date (5 years from date of issue) within 60 working days from date of exam.
- If candidate fails to prove his skill in exam or produce self-declaration or any extra document like proof of attendance (if applicable) of seminars/exhibition etc. IIPS reserves the right to deny the recertification or ask to apply again within 6 months from the date of denial of recertification
Procedure of verification of certified person :
- If any interested party required the information of a certified person then he have to fill the certificate verification format or send details by mail.
- With the attached scan copy of certificate & Marksheet.
- IIPS will Verify the students details as per request.
- If required IIPS can send the person to verify the certificate onsite.
- Once verification is done IIPS will revert mail to interested party.