Scheme Name :
Can assist the Ophthalmologist by doing preliminary examination (i.e. History taking, visualacuity testing), Refraction and accurate dispensing of Spectacles.
Job Role :
- Prepare & interpret spectacle prescriptions independently
- Able to read & interpret visual field reports
- Do accurate lens measurement for glasses
- Perform refraction
- Recognizing the guidelines and protocols relevant to the field and practice
- Comply with an effective infection control strategy that ensures the safety of the patient
- Independent organization of eye camps and screening programs
Required Competency :
- Anybody who have completed the course of refractionist / ophthalmic optician / CDO / Vision technician.
- Covering the job role of refractionist.
Reading & Writing Skill.
- 12th science Pass
- Minimum Age 17yrs
- All Documents should be clear
- Role of an Refractionist document need to submitted
- Course duration should be completed
Code of Conduct :
- Exercise your professional judgment and use your professional skills to the best of your ability
- Respect and protect confidential information.
- Should not prescribe and use ANY type of medication or perform any surgical or invasive procedure.
- Shall not diagnose & counsel to client, about any ophthalmic or medical condition but only regarding Optical corrections and refractive Errors.
- In case of Malpractice or change in capabilities with regards of scope of this certificate, immediately inform to the certifying body without delay.
- In Exam follow the rule. No miss behavior in exam hall.
Documents will be verified by IIPS :
- Two passport size photographs
- Last Qualification Documents
- Aadhar Card
- Roll of Refractionist
- Student solved Assignments
For initial certification all competency should be meet.
- Written Papers of 140 Marks
2.Final Assessment :
- Written Paper of 60 Marks
- Practical (Viva) Exam of 800 Marks
IIPS will send the internal / continuing assessment paper directly to the candidate, Candidate has to submit this assessment back to IIPS for marking and to complete initial assessment.
Passing Criteria :
Passing percentage: 50% (Aggregate)
- It will be conducted whenever student absent or Fail.
- After one month the Exam will be re-schedule.
- Under the current circumstances / situation recertification is not required for this scheme.
- If Organization / client / government or NSDC change the scope of certificate, Job role or Subject is added or reduce (vice versa) in this scheme or program or the program Structure, then IIPS Can make necessary changes in assessment.
Procedure of verification of certified person :
- If any interested party required the information of a certified person then he have to fill the certificate verification format or send details by mail.
- With the attached scan copy of certificate & Marksheet.
- IIPS will Verify the students details as per request.
- If required IIPS can send the person to verify the certificate onsite.
- Once verification is done IIPS will revert mail to interested party.