Scheme Name :
Optical Counter Management
Career in Eye Care Retail sector. Product consultant, Optical salesman, spectacle fitting, showroom assistant/manager.
Job Role :
- Manage the counter and build customer relation
- Able to suggest best option in spectacle or sunglasses as per patient/ customer visual requirement
- Keeping accurate patient dispensing & business
- Administering, organizing and planning the development of the business
- Selecting, managing & ordering a range of optical products
Required Competency :
- Min 10th \ 12thPass
- A person having Knowledge of optical retail
- Experience in handling optical counter or Obtained training after 10th std. of handling optical counter/shop/sale.
- Working in optical Industry or optical wholesale
- Obtain optical counter training from any institute.
- Reading & Writing Skill
- Physically fit
- Min 10th \ 12thPass
- Minimum Age 17yrs
- All Documents should be clear
- Roll on an Optical Sales Executive document need to submitted
- Course duration should be completed
Code of Conduct :
- In Exam follow the rule. No miss behavior in exam hall.
- Exercise your professional judgment and use your professional skills to the best of your ability
- Respect and protect confidential information.
- Shall not diagnose & counsel to client, about any ophthalmic or medical
- Condition but only regarding Optical corrections and refractive Errors.
- In case of Malpractice or change in capabilities with regards of scope of this certificate, immediately inform to the certifying body without delay.
Documents will be verified by IIPS :
- Two passport size photographs
- Last Qualification Documents
- Aadhar Card
- Experience Letter(If Applicable)
- Student solved Assignments
Documents to be submitted before certification :
1.Role of Optical Sales Executive (Certified person agreement)
For initial certification all competency should be meet.
1. Internal Assessment :
- Written Papers of 140 Marks
2.Final Assessment :
- Written Paper of 60 Marks
- Practical (Viva) Exam of 800 Marks
IIPS will send the internal / continuing assessment paper directly to the candidate, Candidate has to submit this assessment back to IIPS for marking and to complete initial assessment.
Passing Criteria :
Passing percentage: 50% (Aggregate)
If candidate fails in exam,can appear for re-exam within 30 working days from date of result or as per schedule.
Procedure of recertification for candidate:
- Candidate must apply for recertification within six month of validity date of his/her certificate.
- Candidate shall fill the online/ offline application form for recertification
- Following documents are to attached along with form:
- Copy of existing certificate to be renewed
- Self-declaration with signature declaring that one has attended at least 3 exhibitions/ seminars/training programmers related to his/her area of primary work.
- Payment of Rs. 2500/- to be made online to IIPS account and attach proof of payment.
- Once all the formalities mentioned above are completed, candidate will receive date and time of skill/practical exam, where he has to demonstrate any one of his skill within the scope of certification as asked by examiner.
- On completing the process successfully, candidate will be recommended for recertification
- IIPS certification decision body will take the decision on re-certification within 30 working days from completion of exams.
- Candidate will receive new certificate with renewed validity date (5 years from date of issue) within 60 working days from date of exam.
- If candidate fails to prove his skill in exam or produce self-declaration or any extra document like proof of attendance (if applicable) of seminars/exhibition etc. IIPS reserves the right to deny the recertification or ask to apply again within 6 months from the date of denial of recertification
For recertification IIPS shall consider the following….
- Professional development-Self Declaration about Professional development & Experience
- Structured interviews (At the time of application) for recertification
- Confirmation of continuing satisfactory work and work experience records: experience declaration as in point “2”
- Examination-Recertification Examination
Procedure of verification of certified person :
- If any interested party required the information of a certified person then he have to fill the certificate verification format or send details by mail.
- With the attached scan copy of certificate & Marksheet.
- IIPS will Verify the students details as per request.
- If required IIPS can send the person to verify the certificate onsite.
- Once verification is done IIPS will revert mail to interested party.