Scheme Name :
Optical Counter Management
Career in Eye Care Retail sector. Product consultant, Optical salesman, spectacle fitting, showroom assistant/manager.
Job Role :
- Manage the counter and build customer relation
- Able to suggest best option in spectacle or sunglasses as per patient/ customer visual requirement
- Keeping accurate patient dispensing & business
- Administering, organizing and planning the development of the business
- Selecting, managing & ordering a range of optical products
Required Competency :
- Min 10th \ 12thPass
- A person having Knowledge of optical retail
- Experience in handling optical counter or Obtained training after 10th std. of handling optical counter/shop/sale.
- Working in optical Industry or optical wholesale
- Obtain optical counter training from any institute.
- Reading & Writing Skill
- Physically fit
- Min 10th \ 12thPass
- Minimum Age 17yrs
- All Documents should be clear
- Roll on an Optical Sales Executive document need to submitted
- Course duration should be completed
Code of Conduct :
- In Exam follow the rule. No miss behavior in exam hall.
- Exercise your professional judgment and use your professional skills to the best of your ability
- Respect and protect confidential information.
- Shall not diagnose & counsel to client, about any ophthalmic or medical
- Condition but only regarding Optical corrections and refractive Errors.
- In case of Malpractice or change in capabilities with regards of scope of this certificate, immediately inform to the certifying body without delay.
Documents will be verified by IIPS :
- Exam Application Form
- Two passport size photographs
- Last Qualification Documents
- Aadhar Card
- Experience Letter(If Applicable)
Documents to be submitted before certification :
1.Role of Optical Sales Executive (Certified person agreement)
For initial certification all competency should be meet.
1. Internal Assessment :
- Written Papers of 140 Marks
2.Final Assessment :
- Written Paper of 60 Marks
- Practical (Viva) Exam of 800 Marks
IIPS will send the internal / continuing assessment paper directly to the candidate, Candidate has to submit this assessment back to IIPS for marking and to complete initial assessment.
Passing Criteria :
The passing Criteria for theory is 50% & for the practical exam it is 75%.
Re-Exam / Re-certification :
- It will be conducted whenever student absent or fail.
- After 15 days the exam will be re-schedule and if student pass then will send certification.
- The certificate provided has a validity if 5 years from the date issue. Then every candidate shall undergo refortification every 5 year.
- If organisation / client / government or NSDC change the scope of the certification, job role or Subject is added or reduced (vice versa) in this scheme or program or the program structure, then IIPS can make the necessary changes in the assessment.
Procedure of recertification for candidate:
- Candidate must apply for recertification within six month of validity date of his/her certificate.
- Candidate shall fill the online/ offline application form for recertification
- Following documents are to attached along with form:
- Copy of existing certificate to be renewed
- Self-declaration with signature declaring that one has attended at least 3 exhibitions/ seminars/training programmers related to his/her area of primary work.
- Payment of Rs. 2500/- to be made online to IIPS account and attach proof of payment.
- Once all the formalities mentioned above are completed, candidate will receive date and time of skill/practical exam, where he has to demonstrate any one of his skill within the scope of certification as asked by examiner.
- On completing the process successfully, candidate will be recommended for recertification
- IIPS certification decision body will take the decision on re-certification within 30 working days from completion of exams.
- Candidate will receive new certificate with renewed validity date (5 years from date of issue) within 60 working days from date of exam.
- If candidate fails to prove his skill in exam or produce self-declaration or any extra document like proof of attendance (if applicable) of seminars/exhibition etc. IIPS reserves the right to deny the recertification or ask to apply again within 6 months from the date of denial of recertification
Procedure of verification of certified person :
- If any interested party required the information of a certified person then he have to fill the certificate verification format or send details by mail.
- With the attached scan copy of certificate & Marksheet.
- IIPS will Verify the students details as per request.
- If required IIPS can send the person to verify the certificate onsite.
- Once verification is done IIPS will revert mail to interested party.